[CQ-Contest] [Bulk] Re: Q-Signals for Contesting

K8MR via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Wed May 13 15:36:42 EDT 2015

Once again, the problem is not generally that one cannot read the bad signal, especially on CW. The problem is that you can read them somewhere (like a Khz away) that you should not be able to read them.

Also a signal report is rarely copied or paid attention to. On occasion I've sent 4NN signal reports, and maybe one in five folks even break tempo as one would expect if they had really copied what I had sent.

Hence, the need for something that will get their attention and not merely turn into another QSO in their log.

And this Q-signal issue is primarily for CW. It's pretty easy to tell a guy on phone that his processing is too high, he has hum, is breaking up, can be heard 5 KHz up the band,  etc.

73  -  Jim  K8MR