[CQ-Contest] QRP cheating

Eric M. Guzman np3a at np3a.com
Mon May 18 17:41:11 EDT 2015

If the intention with the below is to mean Felipe is a supporter of KP4KE,
then it is totally incorrect and far from the truth. It the other way around.

As he mentioned on a previous e-mail, we challanged him to allow me operate
his station on a conversation we had during ARRL Convention back in
January. After a long round of justifications, he finally agreed.

For me, besides the power issue, the existence of his station is a mystery.
You can't miss a world record breaking station on a 100x35 island. Worse
yet if it is QRP and you need to compensate with location and antennas.

I know and have visited/operated the biggest stations on the Island like
NP4Z, WP4U and NP4A. I have never seen KP4KE. Antenna pictures I have seen
are with sky background. He lives on a closed and gated residential area
which is a challenge to visit without being invited. I don't know a single
person that have visited his station and can provide a description of tbe
setup.

73 Eric G. NP3A

==
Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and errors.

<...> One of the supporters of that station then