[CQ-Contest] [WRTC2018] Standings now contain also ARRL-DX-CW

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 20 13:19:01 EDT 2015

On Wed,5/20/2015 2:59 AM, k1zm--- via CQ-Contest wrote:
> If this were to be done - one GREAT WAY to do the choices of operating sites at WRTC 2018 would be based on WORLD ranking. - eg: total points for a qualifying TL based on his/her WORLD ranking. The highest world ranking would have the FIRST CHOICE OF an operating SITE, Nr2 in the world would choose his site next und so weiter.....This makes alot of sense to me...

Sure it makes sense to YOU -- you have a site that almost guarantees a
high score. But this is a WW contest, and competitors from other regions
have significant disadvantage to you and others in the Atlantic basin
(west coast US, VK, ZL, OA, etc). An important part of the level playing
field aspect of WRTC is the qualification by region.

73, Jim K9YC