[CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Sun May 24 22:24:31 EDT 2015

Well Joe,

I hate to say it, but I think there was a level of trust (misplaced,
possibly, but that's another matter) that the vast majority played by the
rules.

So, IIRC, the log checkers spent a lot of time looking through a lot of
paper; obviously, even though the number of entries wasn't as many as the
current committees are dealing with today, that was a LOT of paper.  So I
doubt that every single QSO claimed on every single log was cross-checked.

Right or wrong.

Today's level of technology... for that matter, the level of technology for
the past 15 years at least... now lets the log checkers electronically
cross-check each and every QSO for each and every submitted log.

One would think that that would be a good thing.  Right?

But considering the amount of mistrust displayed in recent times, and not
just in this thread... I guess things didn't work out as hoped.

Now, maybe I'm old-fashioned... or have turned into a curmudgeon, I don't
know any more.  But, the more I feel that I not trusted to be an honest op
before I even key the rig, the less likely I am to operate in that contest.

Just sayin'

73, ron w3wn