[CQ-Contest] CQWW Proposed Rules

w2lc at twcny.rr.com w2lc at twcny.rr.com
Mon May 25 09:38:23 EDT 2015

CQWW rules changes

The Good
1)	SO non-assisted
2)	classic category
3)	club circle change - I may be able to join a real contest club now

The Bad
1)	exact frequencies - non-compliance means you are a check log. "A log without all required information may be reclassified to check log"
2)	no audio = DQ. "provide a complete recording of the contest operation audio as heard by the operator. Failure to do so may result in the entry being disqualified"
3) 5 day log deadline

So before I even turn on my radio I am either a check log and possibly DQed, if I score well enough. With a serious effort I will be a check log at best.  Gee thanks

Questions I wish Randy would answer
1) How many do not log exact frequencies? this can be derived from the logs
2) How many record the audio?   Randy does this anyone else?
3) How many miss the 5 day deadline?

KE3X said "If you want to retain SOAB Unassisted and have results that mean something, then logging the frequency for each QSO and recording your effort is the price of admission".

Be careful what you ask for.  If these rules are implemented and followed here is what may happen

No exact frequencies = check log     exactly why I do not operate RDXC
No audio recording = DQ
Not everyone has the two capabilities mentioned above or wants to go through the trouble.

These two rules relegate 99% to the status of participant since they are no longer considered a competitive entry (for not complying)

Kind of like being a walker in the Boston marathon or a 5k

I am actually training for a 5k, a lot of similarities to radio contests
	various categories, wide variety of different people involved, various levels of competitiveness

But unlike radio contesting,
if I win my category I will not be a checklog because I used last year's sneakers
And I don't have to supply a video of my run

The exact frequency and recording rules are punishing the many due to the cheating of a few.  The contest committee may have won the battle but may be losing the war by declaring 99% to be ineligible before the contest even starts.

So Dink, how about I fly out to Seattle and you and I go out to dinner on November 28 and reminisce about the good old times. That seafood place on the waterfront looks good

73 Scott W2LC