[CQ-Contest] Level Playing Field and Geography

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 22:15:13 EDT 2015

This is interesting and is similar to the issue that NQ4I has raised
for several years now.  Namely, that he is too far south to be
competitive in a DX contest where working Europe is a must.  FWIW:
even though I am a VE3, I am above Minnesota, and there is a big
difference in propagation from here and other VE3's east of me.  So -
for all intents, I too am disadvantaged in a DX contest like the CQWW.

That said, I would like to repeat what I told Rick - NQ4I.  Start a
NEW DX contest, with rules that you feel are fair to everyone in every
part of the world.  If folks like the rules, they will come and play.
If they don't - well - it will die a quick death.  Pick your
weekend(s), and away you go.  Based on the tremendous (and growing)
popularity of the CQWW, why mess with a good thing?  Leave it alone.
Start a new contest, and see what happens...

Tom - VE3CX