[CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 27 00:24:51 EDT 2015

On Tue,5/26/2015 3:11 PM, David Siddall wrote:
> I think ARRL already does break out geographic regions as well as division
> clusters for at least some of their contests in their full results
> articles.  See, for example:

Not even close. Nowhere is there a breakout for parts of the US -- Zone
3 is lumped with Zones 4 and 5. I managed to place first in the Pacific
division and in CA in the 2013 10M contest for Unassisted Single Op
Mixed Modes, and was #11 US. K6LL was the only station west of the
Rockies who beat me. Nary a word in QST, nor in the full results
article. This isn't the first time -- it's happened all of the few times
I've managed to place well.

I want to be able to compare my score with other operators and similar
stations all over the world. No major DX contest yet allows this.

73, Jim K9YC