[CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Wed May 27 09:54:11 EDT 2015

See my ARRL DX Phone writeups between 2003 (or something) and 2013 - we
had an excellent team of authors providing regional analysis from each
ARRL Division and for the non-NA continentals.  The final PDF ran over
100 pages some years!  Even Spanish-language translations were available
for Central and South America.  Obviously, you noticed this massive
writeup effort :-)

Sarcasm aside, as the managing editor for ARRL contest writeups, I can
tell you that the ARRL is willing to provide final scoring data to any
author who is willing to work with his or her IARU society to publish
local or regional results.  Or write up their ARRL Division or ARRL
Section results.  Perhaps with all this discussion about regional
recognition, some motivated authors will come forward.  Any of the ARRL
contest writeup results would benefit from having a separate regional
analysis.  The writeup could either be packaged with the online results
or, at minimum, a link to the writeups could be published.  The only
requirement is that the author work with the local IARU society.  Any
takers?  Contact me off-list and let's talk.

73, Ward N0AX