[CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes

Ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Thu May 28 10:21:11 EDT 2015

You should multiply the entire result by i, the  square root of minus one,
the basis for imaginary numbers.  Seems  appropriate for this whole
discussion.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 5/27/2015 23:15:20 GMT Standard Time, K8UT at charter.net
writes:

I think  we should take the raw contest score and divide by the following
formula:

( AHSL + DxSW + NuEl) / ( PoWt + SsAi * (2Pi * OpAg)  )

Where:
AHSL = Antenna Height Above Sea Level ( in  meters)
DxSW = Distance to nearest body of salt water (in  kilometers) exception:
Utah residents
SSAi = Sunspot A  index at time of contact
PoWt = Power output in  watts
NuEl = Number of antenna elements on this  band
OpAg = Operator's age in years
Pi = Pi  to 4 decimal places, 3.1416 (all good formulas need Pi in them
somewhere)

-larry  (K8UT)