[CQ-Contest] Remote op & Who is this guy, really?

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Thu Nov 5 09:37:52 EST 2015

Hi Drew,

How can your "non-hams" even comprehend the idea?  They have no concept.
Certainly, they are entitled to use words like "it's cheating" all they
want.  However, I guess contesting luminaries like
N6TR are cheaters then?  He did remote SS years ago.  At WRTC 2014, we had
seven remotes operating.   Did the leading contesters in the world thing we
were doing something wrong?  I don't think so.

Show, anywhere within the rules, where this is considered cheating.  You
are certainly entitled to not like it.  Many hated SSB for years.  Many
lament assisted operating and the use of clusters.  Is that cheating as
well?

If you have a strong opinion, that's welcome.  Attributing words like
"bogus, cheating and lost-your-way" to your "non-ham friends" is just silly.

VY1 will remain rare, especially on CW, despite our efforts.   Our contacts
will count for Contests and all awards, including DXCC.

Remote Amateur Radio is part of the fabric of our hobby, like it or not.
Ask those hams who are HOA restricted.

My next project, which will happen, will probably set your (and Paul's)
hair on fire.  The only constant in this world is change.

73 and hope to work you in SS.

Gerry W1VE
 (Art: W1SJ?  Mitch is a Phone Guy, and a good one!)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Drew Vonada-Smith <drew at whisperingwoods.org