[CQ-Contest] VY1AAA @ VY1JA will be QRV for CW SS...

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Thu Nov 5 17:13:26 EST 2015

My, how times have changed.

Once upon a time, we had "a boy and his radio", and we treated the dead with respect.

Now we have fancy technological advancements, and we seem to enjoy flogging equine corpses long past the time they have turned into greasy spots on the pavement.

I contest because it's a fun way to pass the time on a weekend.  While it might erode the magic, anything that causes there to be more stations for me to contact, and which makes recreation feel like recreation rather than work, is OK by me.

(I just wish Industry Canada would update their regs so that those of us K-landers first licensed since February 2007 can have reciprocal privileges on HF without additional testing.)

Michael Adams | N1EN | mda at n1en.org