[CQ-Contest] Remote op & Who is this guy, really?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 6 20:38:25 EST 2015

It seems to me that you don't have a dog in this hunt.

I just checked my logs, and see that you don't even work Sweepstakes,
which is what this conversation is all about.

I DO work Sweepstakes, and I'm very happy to every section active. It
makes the contest more fun. Until those complaining about remote
operation from rare sections are willing to go there, set up a decent
station, and work a lot of stations, they have no right to complain when
someone else activates it, remotely or otherwise.

I'm also an active member of NCCC. We sponsor CQP, and as part of our
sponsorship, work very hard to get every county on the air with as much
activity as possible. I'm part of a team that activates one of those
counties with virtually no active hams, and there are several dozen
teams like ours. It makes the contest a lot more fun for everyone. I
know that YCCC does the same for NEQP, with a similar result.

73, Jim K9YC