[CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 11 22:06:28 EST 2015

I figured this all out about 25 years ago.

 I've never really have had the desire to build a big contest station at home and if I did I couldn't compete against the East Coast anyway. Nothing against you guys in the Northeast but I have no desire to move there to try to win a DX contest. I like living in the laid back Midwest and now the South.

So I decided a long time ago why not just go somewhere where everyone wants to work me!  So instead of spending big $$$ to build a big station at home I decided heck I'm just going to go to the Caribbean at least once a year to get my "Big Contest Fix ".

I'm been lucky to find a place I can go to every year for CQWW DX CW , be in a country that I'm probably the only station on and also enjoy an advantage by being in a zone where just about every QSO is worth 3 points.

CU in a couple weeks from PJ4A in Bonaire.

Jeff KU8E

BTW .....K4BAI and I are always looking for hotshot CW operators to join our team every year.