[CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention Future?

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 00:01:53 EST 2015

I've been to the Dayton Hamvention.

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  I can drive to Dayton in a day.  I can't
drive to Orlando or Visalia in a day.  I'll be back to Dayton.

The facility it was held in was of little interest to me.  Granted, Hara
isn't going to host CES or CommNet or some other commercial trade show where
dozens of billion-dollar companies show their stuff.

DARA is doing their thing inside the local limitations of their home town.
They aren't going to move Hamvention to a glitzy Las Vegas Convention
Center.  It's a local radio club, not a trade association.

If you have a better idea, then DO IT, rather than badmouth the hams at
DARA!  Maybe I'll come to your show too.  I promise not to badmouth your
building choice.

73, de Hans, K0HB