[CQ-Contest] W7DRA future 160 activity

w7dra at juno.com w7dra at juno.com
Mon Nov 30 13:18:36 EST 2015

 thanks to a kick in the pants by AB7E, i am going with a new rig for the ARRL160 this year. i already have a new receiver, a halli S40B with a BC453 with a 455 kcs xtal in the antenna post. works well with a two food diameter loop on top of the S40. the venerable ARC5 will now drive a 6AG7/2x807 PI tuned output for variable power output so at high power output i can use my swr meter to determine loading and be able to cut back power for 5 watts out. only way to determine 5 watts is to measure plate voltage and current and estimate power out by looking at a 71/2 watt light bulb ;pad with key down this arrangement can also be used to drive my 211   power amp or my 833 power amp which are seeing less and less use as time goes by. the high power amps are used for rag chewing, which on 160 is pretty rare these days.in the PNW. hope to operate the stew and the ARRL160, but might be on a cruise ship (YEA!!) for the CQ160 thanks to VC7O, WL7E, KH6LC, K7SS, and K7CW for the 2015 CQWW QSOs. mike w7dra

• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
    .