[CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 10:20:54 EDT 2015

Jim,
I thought placing double stubs on the TX line is not so critical.
The two band stopping stubs are supposed to be about quarter wave apart; on
the harmonic band; and that should effectively remove the need for extended
optimization.

Also, in my experience, if you get approx 30 or 35dB attenuation using one
stub, you will get more than 45 dB attenuation over the whole band when
measured in a 50 ohm system.

At least my measurements show these results:
-placement not critical for double stub
-attenuation almost doubles in dB compared to one stub

--> I have been building only double stubs nowadays.

73,
Jukka OH6LI