[CQ-Contest] CQWW Audio Recordings

Jeff Kinzli kinzli at kinzlicoils.com
Sat Oct 10 21:02:10 EDT 2015

In previous 48 hour contests that I've recorded, a decent quality MP3
recording of the entire contest is on the order of 300MB, and could
easily be cut back further with very little loss in
quality/intelligibility. I usually break the contest up into 8 hour
chunks to make the MP3's more manageable, and they end up being
40-60MB in size each.

This is based on recording with a Tascam DR-07 hardware recorder. I
much prefer this than trying to use the logging computer for audio
recording. Much less to go wrong in the middle of battle.

73 de N6GQ, YN2AA, etc.