[CQ-Contest] CQWW Audio Recordings

Ken Low kenke3x at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 17:10:20 EDT 2015

K4AB wrote:

"I applaud CQWW for asking the top scoring guys to submit audio recordings in the upcoming WW contests.

Wouldn't it be nice if those recordings could become public, much like the current Cabrillo files?

Yes, I know it would require someone to provide a large amount of storage and access, but surely it can be done.

It would be cool to listen to them!"

This has happened before - W1UE's recordings from IARU 2013 are available, plus many educational NA Sprint recordings, not to mention individual operators' websites (K5ZD, etc.).  Lots of sharing happens across local clubs too.

But I suspect many Top-3 ops would consider posting their full CQWW recordings as giving away intellectual property which took many years to develop.

If you have an edge, you want to maintain it for as long as possible.   Similar to why hedge fund managers don't like to disclose their short positions!

73,

Ken KE3X