[CQ-Contest] Linux Logging Programs

Neil Martinsen-Burrell neilmartinsenburrell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:48:10 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Dez Watson <g3ww.dez at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure how well N1MM+ works under Linux, I have used Win-Test under
> Linux and it works smoothly,
> I run a Pentium 4 for contesting here. The original poster was asking
> which loggers worked under Linux,
> hence my intial response.

The Plus version does not work under WINE emulation on Linux as far as I
have heard from anyone.  If anyone knows of a way to get the newer version
to work under WINE, I would love to hear about it (either here or off-list).

However, the legacy version of N1MM (non-plus) does work well under WINE on
Linux. I have used it on an Asus EeePC netbook with an older Ubuntu
version. However, I do not make use of rig control, CW keying, or voice
playback. I just use the basic logging functionality, including saving ADIF
and cabrillo files from the contest log.

-Neil N0FN