[CQ-Contest] Self-spotting in-debth

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Oct 29 21:46:10 EDT 2015

On Thu,10/29/2015 4:58 PM, Peter Dougherty (W2IRT) wrote:
> The advantage of operating assisted and using point-and-shoot over spinning the dial is easily a million points if not two.

This post emphasizes how out of touch east coast and EU contesters are
to how things are in the rest of the world. My station's personal best
in ARRL DX CW was 1829K in a multi-single with N6GQ in 2011. As single
op assisted, my best was 1460K in 2012.

Yes, spots can certainly make S&P a lot more efficient, but the only way
I could add "a million points if not two" is to move 2,500 miles east!

73, Jim K9YC