[CQ-Contest] SO2R op's

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Mon Sep 7 02:42:41 EDT 2015

Don't take it that personally.  If getting the max S&P rate is the
objective, waiting a few more seconds would probably be worth it.  After
all, what's the time required to move to the next frequency, decode the call
and wait for the Q to finish?  That's the alternative to waiting a few more
seconds and the decision to move probably leads to lower rates.  You are
certainly not teaching a guy (who's probably busy for one reason or another)
a lesson by not calling him either - he probably has no idea you called.  Of
course if it's an assisted category contest then you don't have the decode
time - but you still need to confirm the guy is the one spotted, and wait
for his Q.  Modes and band condx play a part as well.

It seems better to me to assume the other guy is doing his best, and do the
things that make sense to you - regardless of what the other guy is doing.
If that means QSY immediately because you don't want to wait, great.  If
that means waiting it out, also great.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie