[CQ-Contest] SO2R op's

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 7 03:47:41 EDT 2015

On Sun,9/6/2015 11:42 PM, Jeff AC0C wrote:
> It seems better to me to assume the other guy is doing his best, and
> do the things that make sense to you - regardless of what the other
> guy is doing. If that means QSY immediately because you don't want to
> wait, great.  If that means waiting it out, also great.

Yes. After 4 years of learning, I'm still a mediocre at SO2R, but I keep
trying to improve. Another thing I learned long ago about S&P is to keep
moving. If you stick with someone who isn't responding, no matter the
reason, you've lost the time, so you're the dummy. I can make pretty
good rate S&P if I keep moving, spotting the station I called who didn't
respond, and catching him on the next pass.

73, Jim K9YC