[CQ-Contest] Counting uniques

John Dorr k1ar at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 09:12:33 EDT 2015

All,

As is often said on this channel, "calm down." No one is advocating that all uniques be removed from logs and be classified as bad calls. Of course there are examples such as Hans' QSO and others.

The point is that in a large contest such as the CQWW, it is very rare to work a station that no one else has worked, thus suggesting that many of the unique QSOs that show up in logs are probably busted calls.

A high ratio of uniques is nothing more than an indicator to a log checker for most contests.

No worries -- your uniqueness is safe! See you in this thread in 2018 when we pick up where we left off this time. :-)

Has anyone done anything interesting this summer to get ready for the fall contest season?

73, John, K1AR

Sent from my iPhone