[CQ-Contest] CQP 50 Anniversary

rob wa1fcn at charter.net
Mon Sep 28 10:30:27 EDT 2015

     GM
         I would like to express thanks to the many who E-mailed help
         on my research of CQP # 1.  ( Cal. Qso Party year number 1 in
1966 ).
         I have always had a fondness for CQP and wondered who from
         CQP # 1 might still be operating besides myself. I first
thought it might
         be only a few.  Surprise at this point I have found 14 still at
it.  Though
         some not very active. Naturally I could of missed some, and most
         likely did. Two  of the original calls  have  been re-issued.

         So all CQP fans keep an ear out for some of the originals that
plan be part
         of CQP 50.

                 Don W1DWA  Jim W8BZY    Tom K7UOT
                 Gil WA5NOM  will try to get on      BoB WA1FCN ( N. H.
in 1966 )
                 Chris NN6CH/WB6EUZ   Dan WA6URY
                 Leigh KR6X/WB6OLD will try to get on
                 John N6MU/K0GJD/6   Tom K1KI/WB6KIL ( the last couple
hours  if he can )
                 Ken K6TA/K6CQF  ( Station operated by AE6Y using call N6R )
         If I have overlooked any one please let me know, after 50 years
things
                 do get lost .
             I hope all who participate in celebrating 50 years of Cal.
Qso party
             have a fun time.
                 73 BoB WA1FCN