[CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 16:09:58 EDT 2016

Steve,

Do consider your response in the context of the previous widely popular thread on attracting youth to contesting. The realtime scoreboard makes contesting a contest for many ops that do not stand a chance to get top ranking. They pick a competitor and try to outscore them based on the scoreboard. It is the scoreboard that makes contesting fun for those who use it.

Virtually all other sports evolve and develop new techniques and technologies. Why is contesting any different and tries to promote mediocracy?

Further, if organizers really want to impose rules that slow innovation, they should develop a set of guiding principles and objectives. Right now many of the restrictions are arbitrary.

Let contesting innovate before it joins the dinosaurs.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate autocorrect.