[CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

Rich Assarabowski konecc at snet.net
Tue Apr 5 21:34:38 EDT 2016

I think everyone else in the world has merged the categories because no other contest sponsors have the resources or ambition to do
the extensive log checking required to uncover the cheaters.    I'm sure it adds considerably to your work load to do all that added
log checking and to send out all those e-mails for suspected use of the Cluster in the unassisted categories.

I frequently hear the statement made by my European friends that CQ and ARRL are "technologically backward" by not eliminating the
"classic old-fashioned" unassisted categories which they assume is full of cheaters.    The frequent abuse in the QRP category  is
the same reason why the QRP category is is becoming less popular, at least in Europe.

--- Rich K1CC