[CQ-Contest] Bold-faced cheaters

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Apr 8 19:49:29 EDT 2016

Take a look at CQWW SSB (2015) and CQWPX SSB (2016) (raw) scores for other
counties too, besides the USA.

Long standing records in these other countries have mysteriously been
doubled or more so by WRTC hopefuls.

The bands are full of very loud stations who "should" be of lesser signal
quantity than they purport to be.

Impossible !

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB

We see this in lot of competitions.

Here is one from today's on-line NY Times, even though it is dated April
10th.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/10/sports/julie-miller-ironman-triathlon-chea
t.html

Some things are just obvious, but we tend err on the side of "decency."

Usually.

Take a look at some of the CQWW scores:

http://www.cqww.com/records.htm

Filter for all USA.  Just take a casual stroll down the records.  Anything
jump

off the page?

If don't think so, look again.  Don't forget to compare band to band, power

level to power

level, etc.

You can do this for other areas of the world too.

Some things are improbable, but possible.  Others are just impossible.

The one consistent theme is cheater denial of any wrong doing.

It is important to develop strong camaraderie so we know who we can trust

(sometimes).

Know the truth.  EG. Elephants will never fly on their own.

Enjoy the weekend!

de Doug KR2Q

CQ-Contest at contesting.com