[CQ-Contest] Who copies things any more?

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sat Apr 9 22:42:54 EDT 2016

I was always under the "assumption" that the log checking software would
catch and flag submission errors like this. I didn't count the QSOs in
the W9IL log, but if there were 100 lines with "4", and W9IL's LCR
showed 100 zone 5 errors, is there not a "quality check and report" that
would have spotted and reported that inconsistency to the adjudicators?

I do understand it's the operators responsibility to submit accurate
information, but. . .  And I do understand that all 100 stations who
worked W9IL would be penalized equally, but. . . If enough of these
types of human errors enter the log checking process, there certainly is
some chance of an impact in a tightly contested category. That said, I
did poorly in my statistics class so I can't offer any probabilities! :-)

So my question is: Is there a mechanism in the log checking / scoring
process that tries to catch this type of issue?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN