[CQ-Contest] Additional Penalty

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Thu Apr 14 12:32:54 EDT 2016

Regardless of the contest’s scoring, not giving an honest effort to copy someone who has called you is, at best, unsportsmanlike. It might not work out in the end, but not even trying?

I can think of worse words, but in the interests of civility, I’ll stick to unsportsmanlike.

That said, it has happened to me. Once, my payoff at the end was discovering the same station missed his sweep by, you guessed it, Manitoba! Karma!

73, kelly, ve4xt