[CQ-Contest] New hamvention location

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Mon Aug 1 22:21:37 EDT 2016

Looks like DARA came through once again!  The Greene County Fair and
Exposition Center is in the opposite direction of downtown Dayton (to the
southeast) 16 miles (22 minutes).  The Hara Arena was to the northwest 7
miles (15 minutes).  Small price to pay to keep Hamvention alive.

The transition of venue will undoubtedly add additional stress and issues
for DARA in 2017, so why don't we all think positive and do all we can to
support the volunteers?  (As compared to second guessing and sniping.)
We'll all win.

BTW, I love having this event in Dayton.  Hamvention is one of the biggest
weekends for local businesses, e.g, hotels, restaurants and bars, that
Dayton has each year.  I find the employees of these services extremely
eager to please.  I sincerely look forward to spending a few days in Dayton
each year on Hamvention weekend because of the overwhelmingly positive
reception I receive everywhere.

If you haven't experienced breakfast at the Dayton Waffle House on Needmore
Road during Hamvention, you're really missing out!  They actually make
T-shirts and other branded items in "Dayton Hamvention 2016" and have a
greeter at the door.  Dayton loves hams!

I apologize for going off the reservation and not complaining about Dayton.

Ed W0YK

Hans K0HB reported:

http://www.whio.com/news/news/officials-to-announce-big-event-coming-to-gree
ne-c/nr77W/