[CQ-Contest] New hamvention location

Richard F DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at verizon.net
Tue Aug 2 11:05:14 EDT 2016

For those who have gone to FH and Dayton, can anyone offer some insight
in terms of exhibition space and forum space?  Was Dayton larger?  Did
FH erect tents?  Just trying to get a feel for the two of the largest
events in amateur radio.

73 Rich NN3W

On 8/2/2016 10:00 AM, kd4d at comcast.net wrote:
> Hi Rudy:
>
> Let's give DARA and the Hamvention a chance. I'm making plans to attend Dayton Hamvention 2017 - I certainly won't miss the worn out Hara facility.
>
> The Greene County Fairgrounds and Event Center hosts a county fair for one week a year - in July and August.  It's not like the county fair will be happening during Hamvention!  Anyway, why is the symbolism of a county fair worse than the symbolism of, say, a minor league Hockey game?
>
> 73,
>
> Mark, KD4D

>>> 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. Check-in for Swine Jackpot Show
>>> 9:00 a.m. Nutrition Baking Contest
>>> Followed by Best o f the Bakers *AB
>>> 9:00 a.m.  Turkey show
>>> 10:00 a.m.  Poultry and turkey showmanship
>>> 10:00 a.m. Swine jackpot Show Barn 2
>>> 11:30 a.m. Sign up for General Livestock Judging Contest-Hog Barn
>>> 12 Noon General Livestock Judging Contest-Cattle Barn
>>> 12 Noon Free hands-on activities for youth *AB - sponsored by 4-H
>>> 4:00 p.m. Lamb homegrown show
>>> 4:30-5:30 p.m. Modeling Practice
>>> 5:00 p.m. Homegrown goat show
>>> 6:00 p.m. Goat judging contest
>>> 6:30 p.m. Market lamb judging - sheep barn
>>> 7:00 p.m. Market hog judging - swine barn
>>> 7:00 p.m. 4-H Clothing Fashion Revue *AB
>>> 7:00 p.m. Dairy judging contest - cattle barn
>>> 7:30 p.m. Market beef judging - cattle barn
>>> 8:00 p.m. Dairy cattle exhibitor meeting
>>> 8:00 p.m. SMASH IT Demo Derby *GS
>>> 8:00 p.m. Wyatt McCubbin *EC
>>>
>>> TUESDAY, August 2
>>> 8:30 a.m. 4-H/FFA Dairy cattle show and showmanship
>>> 8:30 a.m. Goat Showmanship followed by Dairy, Production and Market Shows
>>> 9:00 a.m. English Horse Show –Horse Arena
>>> 10:00 a.m. Open dairy cattle show
>>> 10:00 a.m. 4/H FFA Market Hog Show
>>> 12 Noon    Watermelon eating contest *EC
>>> 12 Noon   Free hands-on activities for youth *AB - sponsored by 4-H
>>> 2:00 p.m. Table Setting Contest *AB
>>> 2:30 p.m. Breeding Sheep Showmanship, Breeding Show, Market Lamb Showmanship, Pee Wee and Adult Showmanship, Open Market Lamb Show
>>> 6:00 p.m. Grab for Cash *EC