[CQ-Contest] New hamvention location

Jim Stahl jimk8mr at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 13:19:14 EDT 2016

From what I can see of the Greene County Fairgrounds on Google Maps, it looks like it could be a rather similar site to that of the Orlando Hamcation, held at the Central Florida Fairgrounds.

I.e. multiple buildings, lots of grassy area, not so much paved parking. Might it be a tradeoff between a potentially muddy flea market and possible free parking?

One interesting feature I did notice about the Greene county site: Six tennis courts on site. If things get slow, the Dayton Open? (Or a place to try out your tennis ball antenna launcher?)

73  -  Jim  K8MR