[CQ-Contest] New hamvention location

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 18:21:49 EDT 2016

My take on it is this:

The DARA folks have been at this for many years, and I expect they have a
VERY good handle on what worked/did not work at the Hara.  Will there be a
few bumps along the way?  Of that, I have no doubt - there WILL be a
learning curve moving to a new location.  At the same time, I expect a lot
of things will go right <big smile>.  There will be room for vendors,
forums and all the rest.  Remember - DARA has a better handle on all of it
than anyone else.  New headaches, along with a rich history of many
successful hamventions.  The best part is -  we ALL need to learn our way
around the new facilities.  My take on it is - we can leave a lot of the
building-related problems behind, and look forward to a great new location.

Personally, I am thrilled that they continue to do this year after year.
Untold volunteer hours go into organizing such a huge event, along with
untold hours DURING the event, and the cleanup afterwords.

I think the best thing WE can do is to be positive that things go well, and
appreciate their efforts.

Hope to see everyone there next year to check out the new digs!

Tom - VE3CX