[CQ-Contest] antenna modeling using local terrain

FritzOAQ fritz at k4oaq.com
Fri Aug 12 14:03:49 EDT 2016

I'm looking for advice in direction to head in acquiring the necessary
software to model an inv L and other antennas factoring in my local terrain.
I currently have EZNEC v 5.0.62. As far as I can tell I don't see where
EZNEC can factor in local terrain. I've read abt HFTA and HFTASWEEP at
k6tu.net & it appears they can do what I want. I'm a little fuzzy on how it
uses a .txt file from EZNEC tho. As best as I can tell to get HFTA, I have
to buy ARRLs ant book & wait on it to be mailed to me. You'd think that with
them being so progressive with moving contest scores to the Internet that
they'd have a way to purchase their ant book & software on-line . maybe I
missed how to do that. (Sorry, I cudn't resist!) So, are there other avenues
to take that will get me there?

73, Fritz K4OAQ

fritz at k4oaq dot com