[CQ-Contest] Thing that drive me nuts

Jim Stahl jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 09:00:47 EST 2016

The use of “TEST” at the end of a CQ seems to have evolved out of style. I just use the rule that if I hear the callsign twice, it was a CQ.

“Dit-Dit” is now a sort of “73” after a comment beyond normal QRZ. As in somebody says “TU JIM” after digging out my super weak 160 signal, I’ll send “DIT DIT”.

In Sprints and such, I like “R” as the QSL message. It doesn’t get lost as a single DIT does, and takes half as long as a “TU”. I don’t use it in a normal QRZ message - TU K8MR is clear, R K8MR gets me confused with a Russian station.

73  -  Jim  K8MR