[CQ-Contest] SO(Team) and SO(A)

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 14:25:07 EST 2016

The first real debate about local spotting network with one club winning
over the other club was in 1946 in DC area.
I think the other club was PVRC or PVRC predecessor.
CQ WW was not yet called CQ WW.

I forget who wrote me about it. Shame on me.
The story was extremely fascinating.
N2AA might know at least a part of it all.

The spot QSP traffic was on some band that does not exist anymore.
Maybe 56MHz if I am not mistaken.
The other club was monitoring the traffic and I reckon they won.

I got a good explanation of it all but I have lost it during some change of
my email system.

If anyone knows what it was and who were the two clubs that had the really
vocal debate, I would appreciate to re-learn that part of contesting
history.

73,
Jukka OH6LI