[CQ-Contest] QSLing

Randall K Martin rkmassoc at comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 20:39:35 EST 2016

On a different thread for the subject, I'm wondering if there is the
possibility of setting up a "NO QSL" list, similar to the no-call list
for phones (although the no-call list doesn't seem to work that well!)

I have always attempted to answer all bureau cards as quickly as
possible. It isn't unusual for me to send out a thousand or more replies
in a given year. In fact, I am in the middle of answering a new batch
that just came in.

One thing I notice is that there seems to be a high number of DX ops
that have chosen to simply QSL 100%, many using a third party company to
print and forward the cards. If I receive a card that doesn't
specifically state "Please QSL", then I don't do any more than place it
in another big box which will eventually be disposed of by my XYL or son
when I become an SK. Sometimes I will even place them in file 13.

Any ideas on how a registry could be created, where you could indicate
that you do not want any qsl cards from anyone? The 100% QSLers could
save some money by filtering their logs against the list, and then only
sending cards for the remaining contacts.

I think I have enough JA QSL's to fill up a bathtub. I don't mind
replying to people who truly need a QSL from Colorado, but I'd love to
find a way to cut down on the time I spend handling QSL requests.

73 Randy K0EU