[CQ-Contest] Another grip..... Slow down!

Mike Ritz w7vo at comcast.net
Mon Feb 22 11:01:50 EST 2016

I am constantly amazed how some stations, especially in EU and the Caribbean seem to think that CW contests are High Speed Telegraphy tests! They don't realize it, but it HAS to be detrimental to their score, unless there are enough stations that can decode 35-40 WPM that it doesn't matter to them. What they don't realize is that the fast stations, especially ones with a lot of dits, are often going to be copied wrong in the logs, but also will be spotted with the wrong callsign as well! I can't tell you how many times I saw 6Y1D spotted as BY1D, but it was spotted much more often wrong more than right, so that has to be an issue for then

Picking out an EI, or S5 station out of the polar flutter is hard enough. Slow down a few WPM, and watch rates and accuracy actually improve!

73;

Mike, W7VO