[CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW

John E Bastin jbastin at sssnet.com
Mon Feb 22 17:59:19 EST 2016

On Feb 22, 2016, at 14:46, George K5KG via CQ-Contest <cq-contest at contesting.com> wrote:

> Ok, I will name names.  TO7A in FM gets the KEY CLIX AWARD FOR 2016!  He was not only massively loud [a good thing], but his clicks were absolutely terrible.  At one point, I told him "om bad clix", but he did not respond, and continued his run.  TO7A was not the only station with bad key clicks; TI5W was another one that I made a note of.  Unfortunately, those were the only two stations I noted with bad clicks.  In the future, I will make a list of the ones I run across.  They are easy to spot, not only with the ears, but with the P3 panadapter.
>
> 73, George, K5KG

My notes on the contest contain two items along this line:

“Buzz on IK7RVY”
His signal reminded me of my early days back in the 60s when we beginners had code practice kits that were nothing more than a battery-powered buzzer and a straight key.

“RU1PS 1245z Big Clicks”
This was on 15 meters on Sunday morning.

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin at sssnet.com