[CQ-Contest] Rampant Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW 2016

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Feb 22 18:06:44 EST 2016

I encountered relatively few dirty signals this weekend, perhaps due to
my location in W6. A couple of JAs were nasty on 15M, even though they
were barefoot. I'm guessing something Yaesu. My buddy WB9Z brought home
a K3S from K5P and used it to drive an Alpha 2000. Something was wrong
-- I spotted him about clicks hoping he would see it, and K9PG, another
SMC stalwart, also pulled his coat. We exchanged emails this morning,
and he's working on it. I suspect the amp.  N6VR has a very clicky
FT1000MP that I told him about more than two years ago. He was still
clicky in this month's CW Sprint.

There was another signal from SA that was weak but broad -- perhaps the
same station Dennis heard. I spotted him with a comment about dirty
signal, rig broke.

I'm a strong believer in making contact with the offenders, and if
they're not responsive, going public.

73, Jim K9YC