[CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 10:57:36 EST 2016

Sounds reasonable particularly if applied world-wide - but then I don't operate SSB.

While we're about it, how about all of us complying with the band plan on 160m?

OK, that's not very practicable because of the limited frequencies available in some countries. How about setting the lower band edge for SSB contests on 160m to be 1820kHz? That way the contesters get 32kHz of 'prime' space (and 182kHz of total space) and the rest of us get 8kHz. That seems to me to be a fair compromise.

And all it needs is for the contest organisers to write it into the rules.

73 Roger
VE3ZI