[CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Tue Feb 23 23:04:45 EST 2016

Hi Ed,

No, I will not agree to only operate in the U. S. phone band. The ability to
operate outside the U. S. phone band is one reason I chose  PEI for my
station. It is not an unfair advantage. It is an advantage. The old adage is
location, location, location. If you don't like your location, you can do
something about it.

How about putting a plug in your left ear because you have an unsurmountable
advantage since over me since I lost 60% of my hearing in my left ear about
4 years ago with a sharp decline starting at 800 hz. There is nothing I can
do about that. You don't need to put the plug in for CW.

And its mano a mano, not mono - mono.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT