[CQ-Contest] The K3 and key clicks

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 23:42:20 EST 2016

Dave, not correct...

Elecraft might be best in class, but there are many others that fulfill
criteria for being a clean rig.

Just to mention one, the TS 590 S (and most likely the newer model SG) are
excellent CW-rigs without any tendency of clicking.

So, if we should discuss this issue, let us be honest and realize K3 is
excellent, but others are almost equally good. And many hams would rather
invest in two cheaper radios for the same price as the K3. The only reason
why I would consider the more expensive K3 is the low weight and 2 separate
receivers.

73 de Mats RM2D