[CQ-Contest] The K3 and key clicks

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Feb 25 12:33:07 EST 2016

On Wed,2/24/2016 8:42 PM, Mats Strandberg wrote:
> Elecraft might be best in class, but there are many others that fulfill
> criteria for being a clean rig.
>
> Just to mention one, the TS 590 S (and most likely the newer model SG) are
> excellent CW-rigs without any tendency of clicking.

Apparently you did not bother to read TXNoise.pdf   In it, I observed
that ARRL tests of the TS590S showed it to be second best to the K3,
twice as clean as the ICOM rigs (7600, 7800), four times cleaner than
Yaesu FTDX5000.

BTW -- N7WS, a highly respected US engineer, told me in direct email
that the 590S does have a problem with spewing low level noise when it
goes into TX. He discovered and documented this several years ago, but
I, and probably most others, missed it.

73, Jim K9YC