[CQ-Contest] NAQP Power Level

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jan 10 19:51:36 EST 2016

On Sun,1/10/2016 1:23 PM, Radio K0HB wrote:
> If a guy is not competing for a prise, why do we care what (legal) power level they use?

Here's a simple example of why we care from last night on 80M. In S&P
mode, I was calling a station who had a considerably better signal than
many from the east coast I had worked, but I wasted a lot of time trying
to get his multiplier.

Another example -- I'm running S&P and calling another station I need as
a mult and a high power station wins the jump ball. He's 12 dB louder by
virtue of his power amp, not his antennas or distance.

73, Jim K9YC