[CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Jan 17 20:46:00 EST 2016

Ed, I did it all the time in CQWW 2014.  I decided to try "classic as it
should be" category, same time rules as Classic except assistance
allowed.  I had my best score in 16 years, and my third best ever,
despite operating less than 24 hours.  There are techniques which, if
properly managed, will allow an RBN-assisted competitor to get in and
out of those pileups. I agree that the unassisted op is likely to find a
bigger pileup when assisted ops are allowed, by the time he gets there,
but to me this is more a product of evolution as applied to amateur
radio contestingthan anything to be bewailed.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at