[CQ-Contest] Inverter generators

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Jan 24 16:19:18 EST 2016

I bought a Honda EU2000I for my station in Aruba, after a contest power
failure. Having a generator seemed to be good insurance for stabile power
because I did not have another failure for a decade.  Then in the 2015 CQWW
Phone, the entire island was without power hours before the contest. Slowly
it came back on, but my section had no power at the start of the contest so
I attempted to use the generator that was in storage for years. It started
right up! I did not notice any RFI from it.  About an hour later the power
came back on. Then with about 8 hours left in the contest, a storm passed
though and knocked out the power to some homes, I was in the unfortunate
group. So I ran the generator until the end of the contest.  Unfortunately
it is only 120v and I had no 120v amp with me, A, Elecraft KPA-500 would
have been perfect. It think that the Honda EU2000I is a great small
generator and you made a good choice.

John KK9A - P40A