[CQ-Contest] Inverter generators

George K5KG georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 23:45:17 EST 2016

John, the generators used at 2014 WRTC were all Honda EU200i models.
The only instance of noise with these generators that I knew at WRTC of
was one that was in use at K0DQ's station.  I got involved in
troubleshooting this problem because I had my mobile rig with me, and
was recruited to drive to his site and use my IC7000 in the car to help
to isolate the horrible noise the station was experiencing.  We isolated
the noise to the Honda EU2000i, and quickly cured it by connecting it to
a ground rod that we drove in next to the generator.

73, George, K5KG

On 1/24/2016 4:19 PM, John Laney wrote:
> Whatever was used for WRTC 2014 in New England did not cause any noise
> on the radios at the station where I was a referee (W1A by LY9A and
> LY4L).  73, John, K4BAI.

George Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960