[CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured

Jim George n3bb at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 19 21:01:28 EDT 2016

Agree. At my weekly "radio lunch" with K5NA, K5OT, W5JAW, and N5TW, we came
up with the same thing. Everyone should be able to work his/her own country
for one point. This would not only encourage more activity, but eliminate
one current irritation of the CQWW where people in your country call you
and you either ignore them or work them to clear the frequency for weaker
DX. That would level out the current rules where people are in small
countries and can work others at high rates (at more points). It should
help activity in large countries like W, RA, VU, VE, VK, BY, etc.,  as well
as other counties that have significant ham radio populations.

It would allow more action on bands that currently are of little use at
many "dead times," and of course would have a major impact on M/M stations.

Jim N3BB