[CQ-Contest] CQWW Madness

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:16:45 EDT 2016

On 07/22/2016 12:25 PM, Jeff Clarke wrote:
> My friend's N2NT and W2SC get screwed every year they operate from the Caribbean in zone 8 > despite the fact they often have the most QSO's and multipliers because of the unfair > scoring system.

Gosh, Jeff, I wish I could get screwed like they do :).

2014 CQWW CW:
V47T (N2NT op) #1 world
8P5A (W2SC op) #4 world

And, in case you are wondering about #2 and #3:

A71BX (K5GN op) #2 world
Qatar is not exactly in Europe's back yard !

VE2IM (VE3DZ op) #3 world
The pleasures of operating from sunny, warm, northern Quebec in late
November !

Another screwing occurred in 2015 CQWW CW:
ZF2MJ (N6MJ op) #1 world
Zone 8

73,
Steve, N2IC